Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

TV - Am I missing something?


Gah - it happened again. There I was chomping at the bit, shoving the ten year old in bed with extra urgency, waiting for the final installment of the latest Sherlock series. (Yes, I know I can record things but I'm not keen on delayed gratification.)

I had heard the final episode was extra-gripping, and it was, in some parts. Unfortunately, when the credits rolled, I sat there thinking "I must have missed some key information here, or something". I was totally under-whelmed. I've even read this fairly good recap of it and I'm still thinking "Was that it?"

In case anyone recorded it and has yet to watch it, I won't spoil anything. Let's just say, it's not as complicated as you'd think. My son tells me I was over-thinking it as I was watching it.

I felt a similar letdown at the end of the brilliant series "Broadchurch", which was on BBC America here. I haven't watched such a tense series in a long time, but the final episode of Series One? How many red herrings can a writer throw into one story? It felt like a cheap Agatha Christie tale. Having said that, the drama up to that point was brilliant and I will still recommend it if anyone's looking for a full series to watch. (Do you know it took eight weeks to air here because of all the TV ads?)

Anyway, I have the new series of Doc Martin to look forward to this week, and Call the Midwife starts next month. All I can say is, they'd better not start making up silly plot lines or introducing characters that no one (ie. me) cares about….

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar