Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Emma Watson: Why I Almost Quit Acting After Harry Potter


Emma Watson has revealed she thought about leaving the acting profession at the end of the Harry Potter films, after taking time out to reconsider her career.

Just weeks after speaking about her acting insecurities, Emma says she 'considered not being an actress' at all, after putting the franchise to bed in 2011.

In an interview with Total Film, Emma was asked if she had finally left the famous Hogwarts films behind her, as she looked forward to more movie opportunities.

'Kind of - I basically took two years out and stepped as far away from it as I could - I mean the HP films were still coming out but I took time to really try and figure out who I was and what I wanted to do. I even considered not being an actress,' she replied.

Earlier this month, Emma Watson told how she sometimes feels 'unnerved' by her movie success, and still fears her acting is inadequate.

She said: 'It’s called the impostor syndrome. It’s almost like the better I do, the more my feeling of inadequacy actually increases, because I’m just going, "Any moment, someone’s going to find out I’m a total fraud, and that I don’t deserve any of what I’ve achieved. I can’t possibly live up to what everyone thinks I am and what everyone’s expectations of me are."

'It’s weird – sometimes [success] can be incredibly validating, but sometimes it can be incredibly unnerving and throw your balance off a bit, because you’re trying to reconcile how you feel about yourself with how the rest of the world perceives you.'


Source

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar